This week on Inside the Headset we are featuring Defensive Line Coach and Director of Player Development, Ramal Faunteroy. Coach Faunteroy highlights ways to continue to grow as a coach, shares his experience leading FCA meetings, and discusses the future of player development at the collegiate level.
Ramal Faunteroy most recently coached Defensive Line and was the Director of Player Development at Fairmount State University, where he spent three seasons with the program. Before arriving at Fairmont State, Faunteroy spent one season as that Defensive Line Coach and Run Game Defensive Coordinator at Seton Hill University.
Prior to spending the 2017 season at SHU, Faunteroy spent the 2016 campaign at NCAA Division I Furman University. Before making the move to Furman, Faunteroy spent seven seasons at Division II powerhouse, Shepherd University, where he played a key role in Shepherd’s 13-1, national runner-up campaign.
- [0:28] Start of interview
- [0:37] Personal journey into coaching
- [4:13] Importance of education in coaching
- [5:57] Continuing to grow as a coach
- [9:12] Impacting players on a spiritual level
- [13:16] Building relationships with athletes
- [15:58] Managing multiple roles
- [18:55] Diversifying your skillset
- [21:30] Future of player development
You can follow Ramal Faunteroy on Twitter
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: AJ Artis [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Brian Metz [PODCAST]
If you are interested in more in-depth articles and videos, please become an AFCA member. If you are ready to join, please fill out the AFCA Membership Request Form.