This week on Inside the Headset, we are featuring Palmetto Ridge High School Defensive Coordinator and Outside Linebackers Coach, PJ Gibbs. Coach Gibbs discusses the value of recruiting, shares examples of how he creates accountability among players, and highlights the significance of admitting personal mistakes.
In 2018, PJ Gibbs joined the Bears at Palmetto Ridge High School (FL), where he currently serves as the defensive coordinator, recruiting coordinator, and outside linebackers coach. Prior to Palmetto Ridge, Gibbs served as the co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Gulf Coast High School (FL). Gibbs has also spent time coaching the defensive backs at Howell High School (NJ) and Manasquan High School (NJ).
- [2:02] Start of interview
- [2:41] The importance of trust in the recruiting process
- [4:20] Laying out a transparent and honest perspective
- [7:11] Successful attributes of recruiting
- [10:35] Learning new systems throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
- [14:13] Creating the black shirt defense mentality
- [18:41] Installing a successful defensive package
- [20:59] Adapting to the offensive evolution
- [24:30] Admitting personal coaching mistakes
You can follow Coach Gibbs on Twitter.
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Justin Grandenetti [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Urban Meyer [PODCAST]