This week on Inside the Headset, we are featuring Princeton’s Special Teams Coordinator and Outside Linebackers Coach, Mike Mendenhall. Mendenhall discusses his personal journey into college coaching, shares the unique aspects of coaching at an HBCU and Ivy League program, and highlights ways he uses technology on the football field.
Mike Mendenhall is entering his sixth season as the outside linebackers coach at Princeton, and his impact has been felt during his tenure. He helped the Tigers win both the 2016 and 2018 Ivy League championships by coaching outside linebackers in dominant defensive units.
Mendenhall came to Princeton after five years as the special teams coordinator/linebackers coach at North Carolina Central. During his time there he won one conference title with the program and help NCC increase their win total three years in a row.
- [1:39] Start of Interview
- [2:25] Benefits of being a multi-sport athlete
- [5:47] Personal journey to college coaching
- [8:41] Utilizing your former coaches
- [10:32] Unique aspects of coaching in the Ivy League
- [13:37] Importance of academics during recruiting
- [15:04] Unique aspects of coaching at an HBCU
- [19:30] Using new technology on the football field
You can follow Mike Mendenhall on Twitter
Be sure to Rate, Review, and Subscribe to the Inside the Headset podcast and follow us on Twitter.
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Tobruk Blaine [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Neal Brown [PODCAST]
Pingback: Inside the Headset: Taylor Chapatte [PODCAST] - AFCA Insider
Pingback: Inside the Headset: Ed Jones [PODCAST] - AFCA Insider