This week on Inside the Headset, we are featuring East Central University Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach, Kris McCullough. Coach McCullough shares his unique coaching journey, discusses the importance of learning virtually, and highlights the significance of developing trusting relationships among your team.
In 2018, Coach McCullough began coaching at East Central University, where he currently serves as the quarterback’s coach and offensive coordinator. He has also previously served as the special team’s coordinator at ECU.
Prior to joining the Tigers’ staff, McCullough spent time as the running backs coach at Fairmont State University. He also took on special teams and video coordinator responsibilities. Before tackling these roles, Coach McCullough spent time as a quality control coach at Old Dominion University and an offensive assistant at Henderson State University.
- [1:01] Start of interview
- [1:20] Personal journey in football
- [2:24] The importance of taking initiative
- [3:54] Building trust as a new coach
- [5:08] Obtaining a position with a small network
- [7:37] Establishing a personal network
- [11:14] The significance of gaining experience and knowledge
- [13:57] Earning a coordinator role
- [15:46] Establishing mutual respect as a young coach
- [18:58] Lessons learned as a young coordinator
You can follow Coach McCullough on Twitter.
Be sure to Rate, Review, and Subscribe to the Inside the Headset podcast and follow us on Twitter.
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Marvin Nash [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: PJ Gibbs [PODCAST]
Pingback: Inside the Headset: Nick Davis [PODCAST] - AFCA Insider
Pingback: Inside the Headset: Ray Anderson [PODCAST] - AFCA Insider