This week on Inside the Headset, AFCA Insider Managing Editor, Paul Markgraff conducted a panel discussion with six directors of strength and conditioning from colleges across the country amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Those strength coaches included:
- Darl Bauer, Director of Strength and Performance, University of Houston
- Dantonio Burnette, Director of Strength & Conditioning, NC State University
- Bryan Fitzpatrick, Director of Strength And Conditioning, U.S. Naval Academy
- Brian Johnson, Director of Strength & Conditioning, University of Arizona
- Justin Lima, Director of Football Performance, Towson University
- John Williams, Director of Strength & Conditioning, East Carolina
The discussion surrounding coronavirus included a variety of important topics including:
- [2:03] Start of interview
- [2:30] First thoughts when student-athletes were sent home because of coronavirus
- [8:28] Shelter-in-place workouts and motivation
- [12:58] Connecting with student-athletes
- [18:13] Modifying the connection with student-athletes
- [25:09] The big challenges from coronavirus
- [32:05] When we come back
- [34:54] What does comeback look like?
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at email@example.com.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Ola Adams [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Lance Leipold [PODCAST]