This week on Inside the Headset we are featuring Ohio University Tight Ends Coach, Brian Metz. Coach Metz shares his unique journey to collegiate coaching, discusses the importance of creating a game plan for networking, and highlights key reasons for establishing a growth mindset.
Brian Metz completed his first season as the Ohio football program’s tight ends coach in 2020 under 16th-year head coach Frank Solich. Metz spent the 2019 season as a graduate assistant at UNLV, working with the Rebels’ quarterbacks. Prior to UNLV, Metz worked as an offensive graduate assistant from 2016-18 with the Ohio football team. Metz spent the 2015 season at Memphis, where he served as an offensive intern working with the wide receivers.
- [1:00] Start of interview
- [1:28] Personal coaching journey
- [4:16] Networking within the coaching profession
- [7:47] Having a game plan for the AFCA convention
- [12:41] Approaching convention without a job
- [16:15] Creating a growth mindset
- [19:58] Structuring your time to become a better coach
- [22:29] Valuing influential relationships
You can follow Brian Metz on Twitter
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at email@example.com.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Nick Davis [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Ray Anderson [PODCAST]
If you are interested in more in-depth articles and videos, please become an AFCA member. If you are ready to join, please fill out the AFCA Membership Request Form.