35 Under 35 – To identify and develop the next generation of leaders in the coaching profession.
The popular AFCA 35 Under 35 Coaches Leadership Institute will be held during the 2019 AFCA Convention in San Antonio, Texas. The Institute will be held on January 5. The application period opened July 1 and will run through July 31, 2018.
— Coach Mario Price (@CoachMarioPrice) July 1, 2018
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current AFCA member
- Have been born on or after January 1, 1984
- Currently hold the position of Junior College/NCAA/NAIA Head Coach or Full-time Assistant OR High School Head Coach
What People Are Saying
One of the best things I’ve ever done professionally. https://t.co/EpqfHyI66R
— Coach Justin Stepp (@coachjstepp) July 17, 2018
— Coach Andrew Thacker (@_CoachThacker) July 17, 2018
This program was invaluable as a young coach. @CoachMarioPrice @romebrownjr @CoachAFinch & @WeAreAFCA all do a tremendous job of putting together a phenomenal program. I knew it would be good, but it exceeded my expectations & then some! #BeGreat #35U35 https://t.co/q6mMxDNLfc
— Coach Tyler Carlton (@CoachCarlton) July 17, 2018
— Matt Drinkall (@DrinkallKWU) July 17, 2018
— Coach Eli Gardner (@CoachEliGardner) July 17, 2018
— Jake Brown (@CoachBrown_TCU) July 17, 2018
Application materials include:
- Five references
- Educational Piece (choose one):
- A 1,600 word article on an offensive, defensive, special teams or position-specific topic (submissions must be in PDF format)
- A high-quality video or live instruction (minimum of 5 minutes) of an offensive, defensive, or special teams scheme, play/concept, or drill
RELATED ARTICLE: Inside The Headset: Thad Wells & McKinley Rolle [PODCAST]
To apply, send your resume and references, plus your article or a link to your downloadable video using a file-sharing service (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) to 35Under35@afca.com. If you have any questions, please contact Mario Price at email@example.com.
NOTE: Your article or video should include information you are open to having shared by the AFCA on social media, the AFCA website or the AFCA Membership Library.