This week on Inside the Headset, we speak with Vincent Cashdollar, the offensive coordinator for Manchester University. We discuss his offensive philosophy, how he balances coaching the offensive line while serving as the OC, and his commitment to professional development in the offseason.
Coach Cashdollar’s career began in 2008 as a quality control coach on Frank Solich’s staff at Ohio University (2008-2009). He then became a graduate assistant for Bill Stewart and later Dana Holgorsen at West Virginia University (2010-2012). Cashdollar joined Manchester University’s staff in 2013 as the offensive line coach, and he was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2016. He also serves as the recruiting coordinator.
- [0:26] Start of interview
- [0:54] Adjusting to coaching at the FBS level
- [3:21] Coaching influences
- [6:33] Discovering his offensive philosophy
- [9:02] Advantages of being the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach
- [14:47] GameStrat Ad – Discount Code
- [15:30] Balancing multiple coaching responsibilities
- [18:15] Proving yourself during coaching transitions
- [21:54] The difference between being a coach and blowing a whistle
- [24:32] The importance in developing YOUR own opinion
This episode is brought to you in part by GameStrat. Use the promo code AFCA2019 for 10% off any package.
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at email@example.com.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Van Malone [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT:Inside The Headset: Chris Hixson & “Padding” The Rams [PODCAST]
If you are interested in more in-depth articles and videos, please become an AFCA member. You can find out more information about membership and specific member benefits on the AFCA Membership Overview page. If you are ready to join, please fill out the AFCA Membership Request Form.