On this week’s episode of Inside the Headset we speak with Stephen Mackey about the 2Words Character Development program, what convinced him to become a motivational speaker, and what he learned from the game of football.
On almost any given day, Stephen Mackey can be found in a locker room, school auditorium, or on a stage trying to help student-athletes and coaches connect the dots between sports and life. He gives over 275 speeches a year and students, parents, and coaches around the country use his 2Words Character Development Curriculum each week.
- [0:25] Start of interview
- [1:05] Influences to become a motivational speaker
- [2:15] Personal responsibility
- [5:08] Connecting the dots between sports and life
- [8:24] 2Words Character Development
- [13:38] Make it “tweet-able”
- [14:49] Life lessons gained from the sport of football
- [20:13] Motivating teachers and coaches
- [23:12] Energy vampires
Have any questions, comments, or ideas for the show? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: Kliff Kingsbury & LeCharles Bentley [PODCAST]
RELATED CONTENT: Inside The Headset: David Beaty & Randy Jackson [PODCAST]
If you are interested in more in-depth articles and videos, please become an AFCA member. You can find out more information about membership and specific member benefits on the AFCA Membership Overview page. If you are ready to join, please fill out the AFCA Membership Request Form.