35 Under 35 – To identify and develop the next generation of leaders in the coaching profession.
The popular AFCA 35 Under 35 Coaches Leadership Institute will be held during the 2019 AFCA Convention in San Antonio, Texas. The Institute will be held on January 5. The application period opened July 1 and will run through July 31, 2018.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current AFCA member
- Have been born on or after January 1, 1984
- Currently hold the position of Junior College/NCAA/NAIA Head Coach or Full-time Assistant OR High School Head Coach
Application materials include:
- Five references
- Educational Piece (choose one):
- A 1,600 word article on an offensive, defensive, special teams or position-specific topic (submissions must be in PDF format)
- A high-quality video or live instruction (minimum of 5 minutes) of an offensive, defensive, or special teams scheme, play/concept, or drill
RELATED ARTICLE: Inside The Headset: Thad Wells & McKinley Rolle [PODCAST]
To apply, send your resume and references, plus your article or a link to your downloadable video using a file-sharing service (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) to 35Under35@afca.com. If you have any questions, please contact Mario Price at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Your article or video should include information you are open to having shared by the AFCA on social media, the AFCA website or the AFCA Membership Library.
If you are interested in more in-depth articles and videos, please become an AFCA member. You can find out more information about membership and specific member benefits on the AFCA Membership Overview page. If you are ready to join, please fill out the AFCA Membership Request Form.